Art prints are a popular way for people to decorate their homes or offices. They can add a pop of color, a touch of personality, or even a sense of sophistication to any space. However, not all printers are created equal when it comes to producing high-quality art prints. That’s why we’ve spent hours researching and testing to find the best printer for art prints.
When it comes to printing art, there are a few critical things to consider. The first is color accuracy. Art prints often feature vibrant colors and intricate details, so it’s essential to have a printer that can reproduce those colors accurately. The second is print quality. Art prints are meant to be displayed, so they need to look sharp and professional. The third is paper compatibility. Different types of paper can affect the final print quality, so it’s crucial to find a printer that can handle a variety of paper types.
After testing several printers, we’ve found that the best printer for art prints is the Epson SureColor P800. This printer offers exceptional color accuracy and print quality, thanks to its 9-color UltraChrome HD ink system. It also has a variety of paper handling options, including a roll paper holder and a front fine art paper path, making it versatile enough to handle any art print project. With its large color gamut and high resolution, the Epson SureColor P800 is the perfect choice for anyone looking to produce high-quality art prints.
Top 3 Best Printers for Art Prints
We understand that finding the perfect printer for art prints can be a daunting task. With so many options on the market, it can be overwhelming to know where to begin. That’s why we’ve done the research for you and compiled a list of the best printers for art prints. Whether you’re a professional artist or a hobbyist, these printers will produce stunning, high-quality prints that will showcase your artwork in the best possible light. So without further ado, here are our top picks for the best printers for art prints.
If you’re looking for a reliable printer to create high-quality art prints, the Canon PIXMA PRO-200 Desktop Inkjet Printer is definitely worth considering.
- The enhanced 8-color dye-based ink system ensures that your prints come out rich and vibrant every time.
- The compact design of this printer makes it easy to save space in your home or studio.
- With a print speed of approximately 90 seconds for bordered A3 plus prints, this printer is fast and efficient.
- The cost of the ink cartridges can add up over time, especially if you’re printing a lot of large prints.
- Some users have reported issues with the LCD display and software.
- The printer can be a bit noisy when in use.
Overall, we highly recommend the Canon PIXMA PRO-200 Desktop Inkjet Printer for anyone looking for a high-quality printer for their art prints. The enhanced ink system and fast print speed make it a great choice for artists who want to create professional-looking prints at home.
One of the best things about this printer is its compatibility with a wide range of media and sizes. You can print borderless up to 13”x19” or a custom size up to 13” x 39”. Plus, the built-in 3-inch LCD display lets you check ink levels at-a-glance and perform printer maintenance with ease.
The Canon PIXMA PRO-200 also comes with Canon’s Professional Print & Layout (PPL)2 software, which makes it easy to create great prints. The intuitive interface takes the hassle out of finding the correct print settings, so you can spend more time on your art and less time on settings.
Another great feature of this printer is its Wi-Fi and networked connectivity. You can easily print from your computer or mobile device using the Canon PRINT app or AirPrint. Plus, if you enroll in smart reorders with Alexa, you’ll never run out of ink or toner. Alexa can even place a smart reorder from Amazon on your behalf.
In conclusion, if you’re in the market for a reliable and high-quality printer for your art prints, the Canon PIXMA PRO-200 Desktop Inkjet Printer is definitely worth considering. Its enhanced ink system, fast print speed, and compatibility with a wide range of media and sizes make it a great choice for artists of all levels.
If you are looking for a printer that can produce high-quality art prints, the Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 is a great option to consider.
- The printer produces professional ultra HD photo quality prints up to 13 inches X 19 inches, making it perfect for printing art prints.
- The individual 6 color Claria photo HD ink includes red and gray inks for an ultra wide color gamut and enhanced black and white prints.
- The printer is ultra-compact and 30 percent smaller than its predecessor, making it easy to fit on your desktop.
- The printer is designed to be used exclusively with Epson Genuine Cartridges, and the use of non-genuine ink could cause damage not covered under the printer’s limited warranty.
- Some firmware updates may affect the functionality of third-party ink, so it’s important to use genuine Epson cartridges.
- The printer is a bit noisy, with a sound pressure level of 49 dB(A).
We recently used the Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 to print some art prints, and we were impressed with the quality of the prints. The printer produces brilliant borderless prints up to 13 inches X 19 inches, and the individual 6 color Claria photo HD ink system ensures that the colors are vibrant and accurate. We also appreciated the ultra-compact design of the printer, which made it easy to fit on our desk.
One thing to keep in mind is that the printer is designed to be used exclusively with Epson Genuine Cartridges. While this ensures that the printer functions properly, it also means that the use of non-genuine ink could cause damage not covered under the printer’s limited warranty. Additionally, some firmware updates may affect the functionality of third-party ink, so it’s important to use genuine Epson cartridges.
Overall, we would recommend the Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 to anyone looking for a high-quality printer for art prints. It’s easy to use, produces excellent prints, and is compact enough to fit on a desk.
If you’re looking for a professional photo and fine art printer, the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 is a great option. With its 9-color plus Chroma Optimizer ink system, this printer is designed to meet the demands of every photographer, from advanced amateurs to professionals. It produces gallery quality color and black-and-white prints with detailed gradations, a wide color gamut, and deeper blacks on fine art paper thanks to the new Matte Black ink.
- The 9-color plus Chroma Optimizer ink system produces high-quality prints with a wide color gamut.
- The printer is easy to use with a 3.0” COLOR LCD MONITOR and features like Nozzle Recovery System and Skew Correction for ultimate productivity.
- The printer has a smaller footprint compared to other professional-grade printers, making it a great option for home studios or small offices.
- The printer is quite heavy, weighing 14.3 kilograms, which may make it difficult to move around.
- The Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 is quite expensive compared to other printers, which may not be suitable for those on a budget.
- The printer is designed for printing on fine art paper, which may not be suitable for those who primarily print on regular paper.
Overall, we highly recommend the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-300 for anyone looking for a professional-grade printer for their art prints. Its 9-color plus Chroma Optimizer ink system produces high-quality prints with a wide color gamut, and its ease of use makes it a great option for those new to professional-grade printers. However, its high price point and weight may not make it suitable for everyone.
If you’re looking for a portable printer that can print photos, memos, and shopping lists, then the Ponek T02 Yellow Mini Thermal Printer may be worth considering.
- Comes with 3 rolls of high-quality T02 labels
- Easy to use with the Phomemo app
- No need for toners or ink
- Image quality can be blurry at times
- Difficult to find paper refills
- Smaller font size may be hard to read for some people
We found that the Ponek T02 Yellow Mini Thermal Printer is a great tool for those who want to add a personal touch to their bullet journals, study notes, and photo albums. The printer is compact and wireless, making it easy to take with you on the go. Plus, it comes with 3 rolls of high-quality T02 labels, which are durable and long-lasting.
One of the best things about this printer is that it’s easy to use with the Phomemo app. The app has a variety of templates, graphics, themes, and fonts that you can use to customize your prints. Plus, it’s free and updated regularly with new content.
However, we did notice that the image quality can be blurry at times, especially when printing photos. Additionally, it may be difficult to find paper refills for this printer, as it uses a specific size and type of paper.
Overall, we think the Ponek T02 Yellow Mini Thermal Printer is a good investment for those who want a portable and easy-to-use printer for their art prints and personal projects.
If you’re looking for a printer that’s portable and easy to use, the Phomemo Portable Printer Wireless for Travel is a great choice.
- Easily print from your mobile device with the Phomemo App
- Compact and space-saving design that’s perfect for travel
- Inkless printing that saves you money in the long run
- Only prints in black and white
- Printing can be off-center at times
- Bluetooth connectivity can be finicky
We recently tried out the Phomemo Portable Printer and were impressed by its compact and lightweight design. It’s easy to carry around in a bag or briefcase, making it perfect for on-the-go printing needs. Plus, the inkless printing technology means you don’t have to worry about replacing costly ink cartridges.
One of the standout features of the Phomemo Portable Printer is its compatibility with mobile devices. We were able to easily print from our iPhone and iPad using the Phomemo App. The app is user-friendly and makes printing a breeze. We also appreciated the option to connect the printer to a computer using a USB cable.
The quality of the prints is impressive, with crisp and clear images that are perfect for art prints. However, we did notice that the printing can be off-center at times, which can be frustrating. Additionally, the printer only prints in black and white, so it may not be the best choice for those who need color prints.
Overall, we would recommend the Phomemo Portable Printer Wireless for Travel to anyone who needs a compact and portable printer for on-the-go printing needs. While there are some minor downsides, the inkless printing and mobile device compatibility make it a great choice for those who value convenience and affordability.
If you’re looking for a portable printer that can print high-quality photos on the go, the Liene Photo Printer is a great choice.
- The Liene Photo Printer is incredibly portable and lightweight, making it easy to take with you wherever you go.
- The Zink technology eliminates the need for expensive ink cartridges, toners, or ribbons, making it a cost-effective option for printing photos.
- The adhesive design of the 2*3″ photo paper makes it easy to stick your photos anywhere you like.
- The Liene Photo Printer can only print photos through the Liene app, which may be limiting for some users.
- Some users have reported that the photos can come out slightly yellowish, which may not be ideal for those looking for true-to-life colors.
- The package only comes with 5 sheets of color photo paper, so you’ll need to purchase more if you plan on printing a lot of photos.
We recently had the chance to try out the Liene Photo Printer, and we were impressed by its ease of use and portability. Setting up the printer was a breeze – all we had to do was download the Liene app and connect the printer to our smartphone via Bluetooth.
Once we had the printer set up, we were able to print out high-quality photos in just a few minutes. The Zink technology produced sharp, detailed prints that looked great, and we appreciated that we didn’t have to worry about running out of expensive ink cartridges or toners.
The adhesive design of the photo paper was also a nice touch – we were able to stick our photos on our fridge, laptop, and even our phone case. The only downside was that the package only came with 5 sheets of color photo paper, so we’ll need to purchase more if we want to print out more photos.
Overall, we think the Liene Photo Printer is a great choice for anyone looking for a portable, cost-effective way to print out high-quality photos.
If you are looking for a portable printer that can produce clear and long-lasting prints, the Itari Portable Printers Wireless for Travel is worth considering.
- The advanced thermal transfer No-ink printing technology ensures that text and images stay clearer and last longer than common thermal printers.
- The roll of exclusive ribbon that comes with the printer ensures that there is no ink-clogging or toner-leaking, making the printing process cleaner and clearer.
- The Itari printer is multipurpose and can support duplex manual printing on regular copy paper, glossy printer paper, thermal paper, rolls, and folding paper.
- The Itari printer only supports monochrome printing.
- The print quality on regular paper is not as sharp as on thermal paper.
- The printer is not suitable for printing high volumes.
We found the Itari Portable Printers Wireless for Travel to be a great travel companion for busy professionals. Its compact and space-saving design, along with a total weight of 1.7lb, makes it easy to fit in a bag or briefcase for easy transporting. The built-in stopper allows for flexible adjustment of the paper slot width, making it easy to switch between paper sizes. The printer can be connected via Bluetooth wireless technology, Type-C interface, or USB C connection, making it easy to print from your phone, tablet, or computer.
The printer comes with a 2000mAh lithium battery that can continuously print 120 sheets of US Letter 8.5″ X 11″ or A4 8.27″ X 11.6″ copy papers when fully charged. The Itari Portable Printers Wireless for Travel is ideal for printing contracts, business checks, receipts, invoices, shipping or inventory lists, and many other types of documents when traveling, at the car, airport, or even at home, small office, or school.
Overall, the Itari Portable Printers Wireless for Travel is a great choice for those who need a portable printer for occasional use. Its advanced technology and multipurpose printing options make it a versatile option for everyday printing needs.
When it comes to choosing the best printer for art prints, there are a few important factors to consider. Here are some features to look for when making your decision:
The most important feature to consider when purchasing a printer for art prints is print quality. Look for a printer that can produce high-quality, detailed prints with accurate colors and a wide color gamut. The printer should also be able to handle a variety of paper types and sizes, including fine art paper.
Another important factor to consider is connectivity. Choose a printer that offers multiple connectivity options, such as Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and USB. This will allow you to easily print from a variety of devices, including your computer, smartphone, or tablet.
The ink system of a printer is also important. Look for a printer that uses a high-quality ink system that produces vibrant colors and deep blacks. Some printers use individual ink cartridges for each color, which can be more cost-effective and allow for more precise color control.
Size and Durability
Consider the size and durability of the printer when making your decision. A larger printer may be able to handle larger paper sizes, but it may also take up more space in your studio. Look for a printer that is built to last and can handle heavy use.
Finally, consider your budget when choosing a printer for art prints. While it’s important to invest in a high-quality printer, you don’t want to overspend. Look for a printer that offers the features you need at a price that fits your budget.
By considering these factors, you can choose the best printer for your art prints that will produce high-quality, detailed prints with accurate colors and a wide color gamut.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some good printers for art prints under $200?
If you’re on a budget, there are a few printers that can produce good quality art prints without breaking the bank. Some of the best options under $200 include the Canon PIXMA TS9120, the HP Envy 4520, and the Epson Expression Home XP-440. These printers offer good color accuracy and decent print resolution, making them suitable for printing art prints at home.
What is the best printer for arts and crafts?
If you’re looking for a printer that can handle a variety of materials and projects, the HP Envy 6055 is a great choice. This printer can handle everything from cardstock to iron-on transfers, making it ideal for arts and crafts. It also offers good color accuracy and fast print speeds, making it a versatile and reliable option.
What is the best fine art printer?
For professional-level fine art prints, the Epson SureColor P800 is a top-of-the-line option. This printer offers exceptional color accuracy and a wide color gamut, allowing you to produce stunning, gallery-quality prints. It also uses archival inks and papers, ensuring that your prints will last for years to come.
What is the best printer for black and white art prints?
If you specialize in black and white art prints, the Canon imagePROGRAF PRO-1000 is a great choice. This printer uses a 12-color ink system that produces rich, deep blacks and crisp, detailed whites. It also offers a wide color gamut for accurate color reproduction in color prints.
What is the best printer for stickers?
When it comes to printing stickers, the Canon PIXMA Pro-100 is a popular choice. This printer offers high-quality color prints with good color accuracy and detail. It also has a wide range of compatibility with different sticker paper types, making it a versatile option for printing stickers at home.
What is the best printer for watercolor paper?
If you want to print your art on watercolor paper, the Epson SureColor P600 is a great choice. This printer is designed to handle thicker and heavier papers, including watercolor paper, and offers exceptional color accuracy and detail. It also uses archival inks and papers, ensuring that your prints will last for years to come.