Playing with toys is an essential part of a baby’s development, and finding the right toys for your little one can be challenging. At two months old, babies are starting to develop their senses and hand-eye coordination, making it the perfect time to introduce them to toys that can help with their growth.
When it comes to selecting the best toys for a two-month-old, it’s crucial to consider their developmental stage. At this age, babies are still learning to grasp objects and distinguish between colors and textures. Therefore, toys that are visually stimulating, easy to grasp, and soft to the touch are ideal.
When purchasing toys for your baby, it’s essential to pay attention to the materials used. Babies tend to put everything in their mouths, so it’s crucial to choose toys that are non-toxic and free from harmful chemicals.
We spent hours researching and testing various toys to identify the best options for two-month-olds. In the following sections, we’ll share our top picks and what makes them stand out.
Top 3 Best Toys for 2 Month Old
As parents, we want our little ones to develop and learn as much as possible, even at just 2 months old. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the best toys for 2-month-olds that will stimulate their senses and encourage their development. From soft toys to interactive play mats, we’ve got you covered. Check out our top picks below.
Bloobloomax Baby Rattles Toys for 0-12 Month, Infant Girl Boy Toys for Babies 3-6 Months, Newborn Hand & Foot Toys for 0 to 9 Months, Baby Shower Gifts Set with Wrist Rattle Socks
If you’re looking for a toy that can help your baby develop their hand-eye coordination and sensory skills, the Bloobloomax Baby Rattles Toys set is a great option.
- The cute design with smiling animals and bugs will attract your baby’s attention and encourage them to reach and grab.
- The set includes wrist rattles and foot finder socks with bells inside, making it easy for your baby to play with them and keep them in their hands.
- Made of high-quality, non-toxic, and environmentally friendly fabric, these toys are safe for your baby to play with and can be washed when dirty.
- The rattle sound is fairly quiet, which may not be as stimulating for some babies.
- The wings of the bee and butterfly have sound paper, which may not be as durable as the rest of the toys.
- The toys are best suited for babies up to 9 months old, so your baby may outgrow them quickly.
We’ve found that the Bloobloomax Baby Rattles Toys set is a great way to keep your baby entertained and engaged. The toys are easy to put on and take off, and the bells inside provide a gentle sound that won’t be too loud for your baby’s ears.
The set includes a variety of colorful and cute animals and bugs that will help your baby develop their color and vision cognition, as well as their hearing and voice development. The wrist rattles and foot finder socks are also a great way to help your baby develop their hand and foot coordination.
Overall, if you’re looking for a fun and safe toy set for your baby, the Bloobloomax Baby Rattles Toys set is a great choice. It also makes for a great baby shower or newborn gift.
If you’re looking for a fun and interactive toy for your 2-month-old, the Bright Starts Oball Easy-Grasp Rattle is a great option to consider.
- This rattle is designed to be easy for even the littlest fingers to grasp and hold on to, which makes it a great toy for developing fine motor skills.
- With 29 finger holes, even inexperienced fingers can hold on tight and shake with everything they’ve got!
- The bright beads inside each rattle clickity-clack with every shimmy and shake, which makes it a fun and engaging toy for your little one.
- Although it’s soft and flexible, it may not be the best toy for teething babies who are looking for something to chew on.
- Some parents have reported that the rattle is a bit too loud, which may not be ideal if you’re looking for a quieter toy.
- While the rattle is lightweight, it may not be the best option for babies who are still developing their hand-eye coordination.
Overall, we think the Bright Starts Oball Easy-Grasp Rattle is a great toy for 2-month-olds who are just starting to explore the world around them. It’s easy to hold, fun to play with, and can help your little one develop important skills.
This is a great product for parents looking to engage their 2-month-old baby in sensory play and encourage developmental milestones.
- Engages baby’s eyes, ears, and fingers with 5 multisensory features to promote fine motor skills, sensory learning, and engagement.
- Multi-sensory features promote developmental milestones like cause-and-effect learning, self-discovery, and fine motor skills, as well as sensory engagement.
- Includes 4 colorful rattle rings, a baby-safe mirror, hourglass rattle, high contrast colors, textured antennae, and twisting character head with clicking sounds.
- Some babies may find it difficult to grasp the toy due to its shape and size.
- The toy is not machine washable and needs to be wiped clean.
- The toy is not very durable and may break easily.
We highly recommend the Baby Einstein Cal’s Sensory Shake-up Developmental Activity Rattle Toy for parents looking for a fun and engaging way to promote their baby’s development. The toy’s five sensory features help babies explore new textures, build fine motor skills, and stimulate cause and effect learning. The toy’s high contrast colors also stimulate baby’s visual development, and two easy-to-grasp handles make this battery-free toy a perfect way to engage baby on-the-go.
The toy’s four colorful rattle rings encourage fine motor skills or help parents teach color learning to toddlers. The baby-safe mirror on the toy’s base promotes self-discovery and delight, while the textured antennae and twisting character head with clicking sounds provide additional sensory stimulation.
While some babies may find it difficult to grasp the toy due to its shape and size, we believe that the benefits of the toy outweigh this minor inconvenience. It is also important to note that the toy is not machine washable and needs to be wiped clean, and it may not be very durable and may break easily.
ZMLM Baby Tummy-Time Water Mat: Infant Baby Toy Gift Activity Play Mat Inflatable Sensory Playmat Babies Belly Time Pat Indoor Small Pad for 3 6 9 12 Month Newborn Boy Girl Toddler Fun Christmas Game Dolphin
If you’re looking for a fun and stimulating toy for your 2-month-old, the ZMLM Baby Tummy-Time Water Mat is a great option.
- The vibrant sea world and cute bright floating animals will attract your baby’s attention and provide hours of fun playtime to improve their hand-eye coordination.
- The inflatable baby toy mat is great for exercise, promoting muscle development in the arms and legs, and helping to master head control ability.
- The water mat is easy to use and pack, making it a convenient toy to take with you on-the-go.
- The fill valve is awkward to get to, making it difficult to fill in the sink.
- If you want to avoid your baby’s knees on the ground, you’ll need to fill it with so much water that it can be difficult to lift.
- It can be hard to inflate on your own without a pump.
We found the ZMLM Baby Tummy-Time Water Mat to be a great sensory toy for our 2-month-old. The vibrant colors and cute floating animals kept our baby’s attention and provided hours of fun playtime. The water mat was easy to set up, and we appreciated the option to fill it with water or air. We also liked that it was easy to pack up and take with us on-the-go.
One downside is that the fill valve is a bit awkward to get to, making it difficult to fill in the sink. Additionally, if you want to avoid your baby’s knees on the ground, you’ll need to fill it with so much water that it can be difficult to lift. Finally, inflating the mat without a pump can be a bit challenging.
Overall, we would recommend the ZMLM Baby Tummy-Time Water Mat as a great toy for 2-month-olds. It’s a fun and stimulating way to help promote your baby’s development and keep them entertained.
If you’re looking for a fun and interactive toy for your 2-month-old, the VTech Baby Rattle and Sing Puppy is a great choice. With its colorful design, interactive features, and easy-to-grasp design, this rattle is sure to keep your little one entertained and engaged.
- The colorful beads and lights provide visual stimulation and help develop hand-eye coordination.
- The rattling rings and crinkly ears help develop motor skills and tactile awareness.
- The music button plays fun phrases, sounds, and songs to keep your baby engaged.
- Some parents may find the toy’s sound effects to be too loud or annoying.
- The toy requires batteries, which may need to be replaced frequently.
- The rattle may be too heavy for some babies to hold for extended periods of time.
Overall, we highly recommend the VTech Baby Rattle and Sing Puppy for parents looking for a fun and engaging toy for their 2-month-old. With its interactive features and colorful design, this rattle is sure to provide hours of entertainment and stimulation for your little one.
The colorful beads and lights, as well as the rattling rings and crinkly ears, provide a variety of sensory experiences that help develop your baby’s motor skills and tactile awareness. Additionally, the music button plays a variety of fun sounds and songs that are sure to keep your baby engaged and entertained.
While some parents may find the toy’s sound effects to be too loud or annoying, we found that our baby loved the variety of sounds and music that the toy provides. Additionally, while the toy does require batteries, we found that they lasted for a reasonable amount of time and were easy to replace when needed.
Overall, we think that the VTech Baby Rattle and Sing Puppy is a great toy for any 2-month-old. With its fun and interactive design, this rattle is sure to provide hours of entertainment and stimulation for your little one.
When choosing toys for a 2 month old, it’s important to consider their developmental stage and needs. Here are some features to look for when selecting the best toy for your little one:
1. Sensory Stimulation
At this stage, babies are still exploring their senses. Toys that provide different textures, colors, and sounds can help stimulate their developing senses. Look for toys with soft fabrics, bright colors, and gentle rattles or crinkles.
2. Easy to Grasp
2-month-old babies are still developing their hand-eye coordination. Toys that are easy to grasp and hold can help them practice their motor skills. Look for toys with handles or loops that are easy for little hands to grip.
3. Safe Materials
When choosing toys for your baby, make sure they are made from safe materials. Avoid toys with small parts that could be a choking hazard. Look for toys made from non-toxic materials that are easy to clean.
Make sure the toy you choose is appropriate for your baby’s age. Toys designed for older babies may be too complex or difficult for a 2-month-old to use. Look for toys that are specifically designed for babies in the 0-3 month age range.
By considering these factors, you can choose toys that are both safe and developmentally appropriate for your 2-month-old.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of toys are recommended for stimulating a 2-month-old’s development?
At 2 months old, infants are beginning to explore their surroundings and develop their sensory skills. Toys that stimulate their senses, such as soft toys with different textures, brightly colored toys, and toys that make sounds, are recommended. Toys that encourage tummy time and promote gross motor skills, such as play mats and activity gyms, are also great options.
Which Montessori-inspired toys are suitable for a 2-month-old infant?
Montessori-inspired toys for 2-month-olds include simple, natural toys that are easy for infants to grasp and explore. Wooden rattles, soft fabric balls, and grasping toys made from natural materials are all great options. Montessori mobiles, which are designed to promote visual and cognitive development, are also suitable for 2-month-olds.
Are there specific toys that encourage milestone achievements for 2-month-olds?
Toys that encourage tummy time and promote gross motor skills, such as play mats and activity gyms, can help 2-month-olds achieve important milestones such as lifting their heads and strengthening their neck muscles. Toys that encourage hand-eye coordination, such as toys with different textures and colors, can also help infants develop important skills.
What are the best sensory toys for babies aged 0-6 months?
Sensory toys for infants aged 0-6 months include toys that stimulate their senses of sight, sound, touch, and taste. Toys with different textures, such as soft fabric toys and toys with different surfaces, are great for stimulating their sense of touch. Toys that make sounds, such as rattles and musical toys, are great for stimulating their sense of hearing. Toys with bright colors and contrasting patterns are great for stimulating their sense of sight.
How can toys contribute to the playtime of a 2-month-old baby?
Toys can contribute to the playtime of a 2-month-old baby by stimulating their senses and encouraging exploration. Playtime with toys can also promote bonding between the infant and their caregiver, as well as promote the development of important skills such as hand-eye coordination and gross motor skills.
What are the top-rated toys for 2-month-old infants on Amazon?
Some of the top-rated toys for 2-month-old infants on Amazon include soft fabric toys with different textures, activity gyms and play mats, wooden rattles, and Montessori-inspired mobiles. It’s important to choose toys that are safe, age-appropriate, and promote the development of important skills.